miércoles, 20 de octubre de 2010

Top 5 Tarantino Films

Yeah, I know: Tarantino has only 5 movies, so the purpose of this list is to rank them. Let me know how you would in the comments!

5) Jackie Brown






Meh. Not my cup of tea, really. Don't get me wrong, it's an enjoyable movie, what's wrong with this movie is the timing: Pulp Fiction was a tough act to follow. And the rest of QT are way better, so it's impossible to watch this without comparing.
Rating: 7/10. Not bad for being at the bottom of the list.

4) Reservoir Dogs





"4th? Are you serious?" Well, yeah, I absolutely love this movie, and plus, it's a classic, but I have to admit that I enjoyed the other ones better. It's just that, just my personal opinion. If you're too young and haven't watch this movie, please rent it tonight. You won't be dissapointed.
Rating: 7.5/10. Really good, but it feels a little old today. It's still a gem, but we know Tarantino can do way better now.


3) Inglorious Basterds / Death Proof



It's a tie! I know, these movies aren't classics (yet), but they're so enjoyable. Death Proof is just a load of fun (read my review on it), and Inglorious Basterds... well, at first I was going to put it in 4th place, but then I remembered something: 





This guy.

Best. Villain. Ever. 


Rating: 8/10. They're both very different to Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs, in a good way. It shows that Tarantino doesn't want to get stucked doing the same thing. Kudos to that.

2) Kill Bill








Yeah, both, they're one whole movie to me. This was my first Tarantino movie that I saw in theatres, and it was a blast. I couldn't wait for Part 2 to be released. And when it was, it gave me more than I expected: it gave me a deep story, a message, something else than just gory action and entertainment. And plus, it had David Carradine developing his character.


Rating: 9/10. 
It's moody, it's fun, it's visually stunning, the acting is great... I know it has some haters, but it's near perfect to me.



1) Pulp Fiction








My all time favourite film, tied with Back to the Future (actually BTTF is kinda "cheating" by using the nostalgia value). Yeah, you can tell I'm quite a Tarantino fan by now. This movie has everything, and that relies on the structure: multiple stories connecting each other, so you get tons of memorable characters and moments, all compressed in just 2 hours of pure fun. I don't think there's one scene that I didn't like, the timing is great here, proving that QT knows how to entertain.





And Uma is so fucking cute in this one.


Rating: 10/10. 
So many great characters, scenes, quotes. Oh, and it has one of the greatest soundtracks ever.






So, what's YOUR QT Top 5?

18 comentarios:

  1. I agree with Pulp Fiction as my favorite of all time. Resivor dogs second and in last is inglorious basterds. Cheers man! :D

    ResponderEliminar
  2. switch Reservoir Dogs with Kill bill and i agree

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I love pulp fiction so much I put a sign on my garagedoor saying "DEAD NIGGER STORAGE".

    ResponderEliminar
  4. all great movies :D seen them all

    ResponderEliminar
  5. and all are part of my total top 10 movies

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I found Death Proof incredibly boring.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. My order would be Basterds, Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, Reservior Dogs, Jackie Brown, Death Proof.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. I think QT has so many better films than Pulp Fiction tbh |:

    ResponderEliminar